Monday, December 21, 2009

January 2010 Reading List

For quite a while I've been thinking it's time to return to visit some old friends. I've always been a list-maker, sometimes starting a new year with a list of 100 or more books I hope to read, figuring, "...well even if I just read half...." But the list sometimes gets lost and good intentions turn into feelings of "I should have..." and that's not healthy or productive or God's intention for me at all. So this year... maybe one month at a time. Ha. Anyway, beginning around December 27, I plan on enjoying the company and wisdom and humor of...

Seven Saints (all women) and One Sardonic Sedaris

Flannery O'Connor. A Good Man is Hard to Find and other stories
Annie Dillard. Teaching a Stone to Talk: Expeditions and Encounters
Anne Lamott. Operating Instructions: A Journal of My Son’s First Year
Kathleen Norris. A Cloister Walk
Mary Oliver. Why I Wake Early: New Poems
Naomi Shihab Nye. 19 Varieties of Gazelle
Alice Walker. Her Blue Body Everything We Know: Earthling Poems: 1965-1990 Complete
David Sedaris. Me Talk Pretty One Day

No comments: